IAS 28 Investments in Associates and Joint Ventures
International Accounting Standard 28
Overview of IAS 28
- Issued: in 1989; re-issued in 2003 and 2011, followed by amendments
- Effective date: 1 January 2013
- What it does:
- It prescribes the accounting for investments in associates (in which an entity exercises significant influence).
- It specifies the application of equity method for accounting of investments in associates as well as investments in joint ventures.
- It provides guidance on how to identify significant influence.
Articles about IAS 28
Questions and Answers
- Accounting when acquired subsidiary is not a business - how to account for the asset acquisition in both separate and consolidated financial statements
- Non-controlling interest in a private company - how to account for the acquisition of share in a private company
- IFRS Kit - learn IFRS in 150+ videos, 150+ excel case studies, quizzes, certificates