How to Account for Subsequent Expenditures in Agriculture?
How to account for veterinary costs, animal food, fertilizers, pesticides and other operating expenses in agriculture under IAS 41? Learn here!
How to Measure Fair Value in Agriculture – IAS 41 and IFRS 13
Agriculture is a huge sector, significantly contributing to the world’s GDP. According to the World Bank, in 2018 the value added in the agricultural sector represented 10.39% on total GDP in average – which is HUGE! After all, we all need to eat. Besides its…
Top 3 Questions about IAS 41 Agriculture
I rarely publish articles about specific sectors, but this time, I decided to make an exception. Why? The reason is that although most of you do NOT deal with agriculture, it is still one of the most important industries in the world. It is so…
3 Biggest Myths in Accounting for PPE
I often talk with many professionals about a practical application of IFRS and the topic of long-term tangible asset is very frequent. To my surprise I found out that a lot of them believed that with regard to accounting for property, plant and equipment (especially…
Top 5 IFRS Changes Adopted in 2014
The year 2014 brought us some very significant changes in IFRS. While some changes might not give you a hard time to adopt, the other changes can cost you a lot of money and time to make them effective in your company. The year 2014…
- Matiyas on How to Account for Government Grants (IAS 20)
- Silvia on Contract Asset vs. Trade Receivable – What’s the Difference?
- Ann on Contract Asset vs. Trade Receivable – What’s the Difference?
- Adnan Aslam on IFRS 9 Financial Instruments
- Animesh K Chatterjee on IAS 7 Statement of Cash Flows
- Accounting Policies and Estimates (12)
- Consolidation and Groups (24)
- Current Assets (21)
- Financial Instruments (54)
- Financial Statements (45)
- Foreign Currency (9)
- IFRS Videos (63)
- Insurance (1)
- Most popular (6)
- Non-current Assets (54)
- Other Topics (15)
- Provisions and Other Liabilities (43)
- Revenue Recognition (25)